Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



January 7, 2014

Bun Hairstyle Using Hair Clip-Ins

Hello peoples so right now since the last video I've been rocking a bun wearing hair extensions because I wanted that full bun look. My hair is not long enough to achieve that look as yet so here's a few things I used to do this style.

  • A hair doughnut
  • KRS Knatural Course 7 pc Clip Ins
  • Ouchless Elastic Bands
  • Ecostyler Argan Oil Style Gel
  • ORS Olive Oil Edge Control
  • Wooden Bamboo Tail Comb
  • Paddle Brush
  • Bobby pins
So I had experimented by watching a few videos of how others did their buns using clip ins but of course I had to change it up a bit so my bun can look natural and not lumpy from the clips in my hair. I practiced 3-4 times before achieving this final look. What I did was instead of using ALL my extension clips I used about 4 pieces...(2) 2 clip pieces and (2) 1 clip pieces. 
Can you tell theirs clip-ins in my hair?

  • Starting from the back I parted my first part from ear to ear not close to my nape because if you do that then when you put your hair up the clips will show. Parting more further up is better.
  • Clipping the (2) 2 clip pieces upward NOT downward
  • Now the (2) 1 clip pieces I clipped downward parting at the top middle of my head
  • Once done I comb all my hair up to put into a high ponytail and using a paddle brush I make sure no clips are showing along with no lumps. You want a smooth look.
  • I then used Styling gel all around my head to give my hair a nice flat sleek look and tied my hair up using a "Ouchless Elastic Band".
  • Used a hair doughnut to put on top of the tied band then brushed the hair over the doughnut then used the tail of my comb to tuck hair under then pinned it with a few bobby pins
  • Last I use edge control to hold down my edges and combed my lil bit of baby hairs I have for finished look.
  • (Bun Mantainence) At night I tie it using a silk scarf around my head like a head band and then use a silk bonnet to put over my bun to protect it.
If ya'll want me to do video demonstration of how to do a bun, comment below that you want me to do it and I will do one :)

5 comments:

  1. How Do I contact you for sponsorship please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. It’s really an advantage to every woman that they can fix their own hair. They can really save money from not having to go to a hairstylist. Good thing that hair extensions have been invented. Experimenting on different hairstyles has become much easier and cheaper somehow.

    Tommy @ HerHairCompany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true I've definitely saved a lot but at the same time my hair has been healthier :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...