Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 19, 2011

Remember: Aaliyah

I always admired Aaliyah's hair, it was black, straight and long; she always had one side of her hair swooped to the side. Not only did she have beautiful hair she was beautiful herself. I would always hoped to have long hair like her someday but in reality I knew that probably wouldn't happen. But ever since I started taking care of my hair more and seeing great Healthy Hair stories of how people acheived their length I am finally hopeful. I would like my hair to be as long as Aaliyah's but it may take me a few years to achieve that length but it's fine I'm sure to make it there. Oh I have some information from magazines on Aaliyah's hair...


Aaliyah experienced breakage (believe it or not) from perms/relaxers so she ended up just pressing her hair, and blow drying her hair. Due to her constantly getting her hair pressed, she ended up using extensions to make her hair more fuller most of the time and sometimes for a longer length, but her hair was already long anyway.
Every 10 days Aaliyah would wash, blowdry and pressed her hair then flat ironed it. After that she would wrap her hair with a scarf to keep it sleek, bent and straight.
When not pressed Aaliyah had type 4a hair, which was thick and coarse...
She also took vitamins and used good products for her hair (I don't have any old Black hair magazines to state what products she used but if I find some accurate information I'll update this post with the info)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...