Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 25, 2011

Homemade Hair Mayonnaise A Miracle!

OMG...So I ended up trying the hair mayonnaise deep conditioner that was HOMEMADE!! I loved how soft and managable it made my hair. I got the idea from a girl name Amira, you can check out her youtube page she gives good tips on hair as well. I like that she's stretching out her perms like I am so I can relate more to her than with those who are natural since I'm still perming my hair. But anywho my mom thought I was crazy when I asked for the Mayonnaise for my hair but she had reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil. I wasn't sure if that made a difference but oh well that's all we had, so I used it...
The Ingredients Is Almost like Amira but a little different,
a) Used like a cup of mayonnaise "Reduced Fat w. Olive Oil" brand (she used "Real" mayonnaise) b) 2 Egg yolks NOT whites (separate the yolk from the whites)
Put the rest left over in the fridge!
c) About 2 tbsp. of this oil mixture, which I meant to use it for something else but decided to use it for this hair mayo conditioner... (The mixture was Olive Oil, JoJoba Oil and Castro Oil) heated in a cup for 30 secs
I put everything in a plastic container and mixed it together but I made sure I poured the oil mix in last so I can know the best amount to put into the Mayo and egg yolk mix. You don't want to put too much oil for the hair mayo to be too liquidy. So mix until you get like a nice smooth texture just like your making batter for a cake, with no lumps and not soupy. As soon as you get that mixture you are ready to apply!
I put this on after washing my hair I think you're suppose to put in on before but I didn't do that so I had to wash my hair an extra time to rinse out the mayo conditioner and its SMELL. Other than that I saw results when I was putting it into my hair, you could see it was conditioning my hair already looking softer and a little wavy. I ended up putting a plastic cap on and slept since I was tired from work took my hair out from the twists I did and rinsed my hair with shampoo. I ended up letting my hair air dry after twisting it and using my moisturizer making chinese bumps a.k. bantu knots. I would so recommend this, as a result my hair was soft easy to detangle and managable, despite the smell of mayo it's a good home hair remedy :)

Leave On At Least 2hrs

3 comments:

  1. Ok, let me know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will try this but i may exclude the eggs my hair is protein sensitive
    -Sheacutey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...