Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 16, 2011

What Is Your Hairtype??

What does it mean when someone says their hairtype is 3a or 4b? Well don't be ashamed I had NO clue what it meant either. Usually if someone asked me what my hairtype was, I would most likely describe my hair texture to them. But actually there are 4 types of hair within those types are "letters" that are categorized by texture.

Type 1 is "Straight Hair" (hard to damage and impossible to curl) Sleek and Shiny

Type 2 is "Wavy Hair" (can straighten and curl hair with a variety of styles)
 2 (A) fine and thin textured

   2 (B) medium textured

  2 (C) thick, frizzy and coarse textured


Type 3 is "Curly Hair" (can get frizzy, hard to straighten, is full bodied, damage proned and when wet shrinks a bit)
 3 (A) loosely curled pattern  [big curls]   
        
  3 (B) tightly curled pattern  [medium amount of curls]

 3 (C) very tightly curled pattern and may look slightly kinky [corkscrew curls]


Type 4 is "Kinky Hair"  (fine, fragile, versatile in styles, most driest hair, delicate and prone to damage)
4 (A) tightly spirally hair with an "S" pattern



















4 (B) wiry, crimply hair with a "Z" (zig zag) pattern


4 (C) very tightly coiled, almost no definition in curl pattern



Most black women have Type 3 or 4 hair so we need to pay close attention in caring for our hair especially for type 4 since it's very fragile and needs to have the most proper care. Moisture is definitely needed along with deep conditioning, for less damage. Your hair can also be a mixture of more than just one type as well doesn't have to be exactly one type. So I have come to an conclusion that my hairtype is 4a what is your hair type??
For more information click on here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...