Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 14, 2011

Moisturize & Seal

How Do I Moisturize & Seal?
  • I part my hair into 4 sections and use my "Organic coconut & hibiscus curl & style milk" moisturizer only use a small amount for each section since my hair is not thick. Work my fingers through my hair until I do all sections. 
  •  I then use "Shea Butter: Reconstructive Elixer" as my seal and I apply a small amount of that as well (1 spray for each section). Again I work my fingers through my hair and then comb each section with a WIDE tooth comb not a regular comb.
Experimented:
I used Castro Oil for my scalp (not sure if I was applying it correctly) but I noticed it weighed down my hair and it has an unpleasant smell. So I may either mix it with olive oil to lighten the texture or use it for when Im about to wash my hair. (So I'll keep ya'll up to date with that!)


How Often do I do This?
  • Right now I moisturize and seal my hair 3 times a week but it all depends on your own hair.  I know mines can get dry quickly so doing this every week I am hoping that my hair will get less dry which means I can soon bring it down to 2 times a week. We'll see...
Results:
Noticed my hair is soft, shiny and less dry.


Info on Moisturizing & Sealing:"Water Based Moisturizer penetrates the hair shaft, oil based moisturizer coats the hair shaft (and seals moisture in or out). To use the two effectively, you will need to apply your water based moisturizer first, then the oil based. The reason for this is that oils and other moisturizing products that contain petrolatum, lanolin, and mineral oil do not moisturize your hair effectively. Instead they seal moisture in or out of your hair. They should only be used to seal the hair and add shine. Try appling your oil moisturizer after rinsing the moisture treatment to combat dryness." (Hairfinity)
**Tip: I usually braid my hair after doing this but you can wrap your hair or twist your hair its up to your liking and whichever suits you** :)


*Note: This is what I use but you can use any natural water-based moisturizer good for YOUR hair and any type of oil base to seal your hair...*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...