Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



November 28, 2017

How I wash my hair now?!

Since my hair growth I had to change the way I washed my hair. My hair isn't short anymore so I can't just wash my whole head and be done with it. When I tried doing that with my hair length now then my hair would get tangled causing my hair to shed a lot more. So what I did was experimented in washing my hair in sections, which of course I seen people do that on YouTube. I actually tried it before but I think I got impatient and ended up washing my whole head since I felt it took too long. Glad to say this time I was patient enough to do it right this time, here's what I did...

  • I sectioned my hair into four parts 
  • Detangle each section using water and a wide tooth comb
  • Pre-poo: Applied V05 conditioner to each section and braided it 
  • After I un-braided the sections on one side, rinsing the conditioner out 
  • Then I shampooed (using "OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo") each of the section on that side while still keeping the conditioner in on the other side of my hair (still braided)
  • After I shampoo that side then I added a deep conditioner (using "Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner") to the sections combing through with a wide tooth comb then re-braid each section.
  • Repeated these steps on the other side of my hair
  • Rinse out conditioner in each section after 15 min then re-braided hair
  • Towel dried each section while still braided 
  • Un-braided one section then sprayed in "Mielle Organics White Peony Leave-In Conditioner" combed through then re-braided and repeated for each section.
  • Un-braided one section then rubbed a small amount of "Mielle Organics Avacado Hair Milk" into the hair
  • Then added a small amount of "Mielle Organics Mint Almond Oil" onto the hair 
  • After that I combed through the section with wide tooth comb then blow dried 
  • Repeat these steps for each section.

Even though altogether this took about 3 hrs I noticed less hair was shedded and no tangles, making blow drying easy. Also I don't blow dry my hair ALL the time just every few months, right now I'm waiting for my wig to come through the mail as a winter protective style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...