Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



January 6, 2012

Tip of The Week #3

Pre-Poo a.k.a before shampooing...It is good to do this in order for our hair to be moisturized before doing a shampoo. Shampoos removes most of the moisture in our hair when we wash with it, so doing a pre-poo helps add more moisture to our hair. This definitely keeps some moisture in our hair even after we wash with shampoo. It is good to use oils (eg. Olive, Castro, Coconut...) to make like a hot oil treatment (apply the oils on the hair warm or hot) on the hair.

How I Pre-Poo!
  1. I use my Special Oil Mix (Jojoba, Castro and Olive Oil) but you can choose any NATURAL oil/oils to use for your hair.. (I put my oils in a applicator bottle)
  2. I put hot water in a cup and put my applicator bottle of oils on top of the hot water and leave it in there for about a minute or so... (if you choose you can microwave your oils for 15 secs)
  3. My hair is parted in 4 sections and to each section I add my oils from my scalp to my ends and then I message each section of my hair so the oils can marinate the scalp.
  4. I combed my hair as well while putting in the oils using a wide-tooth comb then twisted each section of my hair and clipping it up using my clips.
  5. Put a plastic shower cap on and left the oils in my hair for 15 mins (I use my timer on my phone)
  6. Then rinsed out with warm water....Now Ready To SHAMPOO! :)
This what I do to pre-poo my hair before wash, I know the first time I pre-pooed I didn't heat up my oils before applying so it didn't work as good. But Im a Newbie so I'm learning, reading and experimenting on my hair! I got it now tho! lol ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...