Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



January 6, 2012

What's Co-Washing?


**Recommended Conditioner Giovanni
Smooth As Silk

Co-Washing is when you use conditioner instead of shampoo to wash your hair. Cleansing the hair using a basic rinse-out conditioner, this is definitely good if you are without Shampoo. Co-washing avoids harsh results from frequently shampooing your hair, leaving your hair soft and manageable. Now you know I'm an advocate for using natural products so if you do look for a conditioner make sure to look at the ingredients to avoid getting a product that has harmful chemicals such as harmful alcohols which I notice is in many conditioner products. Now I was paranoid "LITERALLY" in seeing Cetyl and Stearyl Alcohol as the ingredients in many conditioners but through research I have found that basically its harmless to our hair.
It does not behave like "Real Alcohol" but helps emulsify the oil and water since thats what conditioners are a mix of in the ingredients. I will post up later next week the harmless alcohols and the harmful ones...but back to Co-washing, so make sure you wet hair thoroughly with warm water add conditioner to each section of your hair working from root to ends, massaging conditioner in hair. Then leave the conditioner in hair for the time indicated on the conditioner instructions. Rinse Well! You can choose to use a leave-in conditioner after co-washing your hair if you like, its up to you.

**I want to try the Giovanni Conditioner I was looking for it when I was in MD this past weekend couldn't find it may have to order that NOW! lol Thank goodness for UPS but yes heard many good reviews on this product on course and kinky even relaxed hair. I will do a review for this product in the future!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...