Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



July 2, 2012

Tip of The Week #5: Acrylic Nails

I love to get my nails done every two weeks, I mean I feel good when I get my nails done. Like people mostly look at your hands more so than your feet. I mean I get my feet done during the summer but not in the winter. Ok so back to this topic, now I know this isn't about hair but it is part of beauty and I needed to let people know about Acrylic nails. Now there's different techniques nail technicians use to do your nails using Acrylic...
There's tips, forms, silk wrap, fiber glass...and I hear some people say "I can't be wearing Acrylic people get infections and fungus doing that" that's true you can get an infection but there is some ways you can prevent that from happening. I honestly don't like tips because of the glue on top of the nail and it leaves deep lines on your nail after it's removed. Not too crazy about that but what I always tell them to use the Acrylic powder and liquid on top of MY own nail, so it can protect my on nail from breaking easily and it looks more defined. Now I've been getting it done like that for like 2-3 yrs and I never had an infection or a fungus on my nails. So here's some tips for you that I do to keep that from happening...
  • Find A Nail Technician That Your Comfortable With...(Going to the same tech. will help you to get to know her/him and they will become familiar with your nails, your type of style, design and what you like)
  • Make Sure The Nail Tech. Is Cleanly...(Always be aware by observing how they clean or if they clean their instruments in front of you.)
  • (IMPORTANT!) Do A Soak At Least Every Month...(When you do a fill-in each time it covers over the old fill-in which can sometimes make your nails start to turn yellow. So when you start to see it turning, then that means you need to soak off the acrylic and reapply a new coat. This definitely prevents your nails from becoming infected.)
  • Anti-Fungus Nail Spray...(I don't really use it unless I get cut while they do my nails but yea it's optional if you feel the need to use it. I definitely recommend it for those who get Pedicures a lot just incase because you never know, it's more common to get fungus on your toe nails more so than on your finger nails)
  • Try To Keep Up With Your Manicure Maintenance...(Every 2-3wks get a fill-in but I know sometimes we may not have the money to do that but if you do past a month without getting your nails done, please do a SOAK not a fill-in)
Here's some tips I use and I hope this helps those who are worried about using Acrylic on your nails with anything if you don't take care of the upkeep of it and don't be cautious then infections can occur. So keep up your nails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...