Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 8, 2013

First Time Healthy Hair Affair

My Goodie Bag

Yesterday a friend and I who was invited by some friends went down to a "Healthy Hair and Beauty Affair" thrown by a natural hair blogger who goes by "tobnatural", which you can follow her on instagram under that name, if you haven't already, to see more pics at the affair". It was in Brooklyn, NY and I liked of course the little samples we received for our hair and makeup,
mostly hair though :) It was very nicely but together in a decent size place with a few tables of different natural hair products along someone giving an explanation of their products along with a sample. I was so at awe at how many sistas there had there natural hair hooked up nicely in twists, curls, braids, and updoed, it almost made want to join the natural hair club. BeatifuL! I really enjoyed the fact the one of the attendees ended up doing a "Big Chop" right in front of everyone and she really looked amazing afterwards. Also different guest speakers who were either were stylists or natural product owners shared tips on styles, how to moisturize the hair correctly, and what products may or may not work for you. Let me not forget the makeup tips, showing us how we can use inexpensive makeup and still look glamorous. I enjoyed the giveaway raffles though I did not win anything :(  but it was ok. This event was classy enough to have people serve us drinks and food samples plus pictures was taken and atmosphere of music was nice. I would definitely go to another Hair expo or affair it was a wonderful experience and a learning experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...