Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 22, 2013

Wigs Instead of Weaves

Last year I did a "6 Month Unbeweavable Hair Challenge" like that early Janauary where you had to maintain your hair underneath the weave or hair extensions. The point of the challenge was to show that your hair can grow underneath as long as it was done with the proper care. I still believe wearing a sew-in is a good protective style and by all means if you do wear them continue to do so. Like I said around the time I started my hair journey it helped my hair grow alot because your hair is
braided under so which means low manipulation of the hair. The reason that I now wear wigs now is because I still wanted to be able to get to my hair and take care. With a sew-in it was a little difficult to do that since your hair is braided under and sometimes a net is used under the sewn-in so it made it even more difficult to reach my hair. Then washing was a task and I didn't feel like going to the hair dresser every time I wanted to get a wash. So I decided to try a wig which I tried a few years back and people actually didn't think it was a wig. Because you at first I was thinking only old people wear wigs and then I was thinking that people could tell. But now a days they make wigs look like its either your real hair or that you are wearing a sew-in especially now that they making wigs with an invisible part. I can be able to take it off at night and moisturize and seal my hair or wash my hair with no problem. This protective seems to work for me a little more better than a weave so I've been using this as a protective style a little over a year. Finding a protective style that works for you whether braids, twists, buns, weave, or wigs just do what works for you because wigs so far works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...