Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 26, 2015

Struggles of Being Natural

Honestly I already knew it was going to be a struggle even before I big chopped my hair because through watching youtube videos and hearing what those who are natural do to for maintenance I knew I would have a hard time. I have learned and am still learning about my hair especially through the seasons which helps me determine how often I need to moisturize my hair. Also the longer my hair gets the more time and work I need to have to maintain a
style. I kind of miss my shorter hair in the fact that I didn't have to do a lot of work to my hair but I don't miss the look of the short hair because I like long hair. Some people asked would I cut it again...my answer is NO unless my hair gets jacked up again or I am over 60 yrs and tired of maintaining my hair but for now not trying to go back to that stage, didn't care for it that much. Will I perm my hair again? I have to say Idk yet I'm still trying to decide because I'm not going to make that decision until my second year being natural. I like seeing my hair grow really fast and doing different styles with my natural hair, but sometimes I can't stand that my hair like the shrinkage and not looking like I want it to look. Yep sometimes I get frustrated with my hair that causes me to feel like I don't want to deal with it anymore. I feel it was easier with a relaxer but then some styles that I can do with my natural hair I couldn't do with my relaxed hair. I shall see later down the line of my hair journey so for now I'm keeping it natural until further notice :) The style that I mostly do is Bantu Knots now that causes my hair to get curls, but I have did the Afro but too many people like touching my Afro so I don't do it as often. I can't use the sponge anymore have to do Bantu knots, twists, braids and other styles now. Which I have to do every two days to maintain my curls if I wait longer that that my hair starts to get knotted and tangled. I also especially in the winter months need to keep my hair moisturized often or it gets really dry since I have my ends of my hair colored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...