Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



August 6, 2016

Struggles with Acne

Alot has been going on lately this year which has made me feel a little overwhelmed. I have a feeling that's what caused me to breakout as bad as I did 3 months ago. Growing up in my teenage years I
always struggled with acne. I tried Proactive when it first came out and was popular which it actually helped treat my acne. After a few years of using it I noticed  that they changed their product to "New and Improved" but it didn't control my acne anymore. They must've watered down their products because I noticed the texture of the product was lighter. So I decided to stop using it, again tried to search for other products to help with my face but either it was too harsh, didn't work or was too expensive for me to keep up with it. My skin has always been up and down as far as breakouts. One minute its clear and then the next minute I break out. Some say it maybe what I eat but never paid attention since I really never had a change in my eating pattern. To those who can relate having acne can cause some of us to get depressed, decrease our self-esteem and frustration. Its not easy but I'm here to say you are not ALONE. Sometimes we may feel like we are the only ones going through this or there's no hope. I'm not sure if there's a "cure" for acne but some by changing their diet (not eating diary, sweets and starch) have seen a tremendous change in their skin. Or like myself I finally found a good dermatologist who I found through Google who doesn't push a whole bunch of products on you but takes out the time really ask questions and give suggestions of products that can work. So far my skin breakout from about 3 months ago is clearing up well. I am currently taking birth control pills to treat my acne and just 2 other products. Acne has alwas been a struggle for me and maybe for you as well. If you don't know how to control your acne find and see a GOOD dermatologist in your area, maybe change what you eat, or find tips on acne.org. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow chica I never knew u had such a struggle with acne. It's good to see people be real about the struggles they face so others can see how to cope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I have Hormonal Acne that's why I'm on BC pills but in the new system ain't got to worry about that no more ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...