Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



October 29, 2012

Stretching Relaxed Hair


Hey everyone so since Hurricane Sandy is taking over the city, figured I write a post about me stretching. I've been stretching my hair for awhile before starting my healthy hair journey but I feel now I'm properly stretching my hair the correct way. I say that because now I have a personal hair regimen before I just weaved up my hair and didn't really take the time to keep my own hair moisturized. Also now I'm washing and conditioning my own hair more often than before, using natural products. I enjoy stretching because I'm relaxing my hair less and giving my roots a chance to grow and become thicker. I have noticed my hair is a little more thicker than before and is growing more healthier. Of course I have fine hair but again its gaining body which I wanted. To avoid me doing the whole natural thing I just rather prove through stretching that I can grow healthy and long hair as well. Here's some Tips on Stretching Relaxed Hair...




  • If you just starting to stretch or want to stretch gradually increase the amount of time between relaxers. For Example: If you been use to getting relaxers every 4 weeks then try every 5 weeks then 6 weeks.. (I wouldn't suggest you jump to every 4 weeks to every 4 months because you want to be able to see if your hair can handle being stretched and if you can handle your new growth)
  • Once you see your hair can handle stretching then make a Personal Hair Care Regimen...
  • Moisturize and Sealing is very important because your hair will need the moisture to stay healthy.
  • Deep Conditioning is good to keep your hair moisturized as well since your new growth tends to be drier than the relaxed part of your hair. Leave-In conditioner Overnight or for 1hr. (*Recommended Giovanni "Smooth As Silk Conditioner")
  • Washing Weekly its recommended to wash your hair but sometimes I do 2 weeks the most just make sure you use a Detangler Comb to section and wash your hair. This will keep your hair from tangling and breakage!
  • Protein Treatments once a month because too much protein in the hair can cause hair breakage. But protein is good for the hair when used moderately. (Recommended Homemade Hair Mayonnaise)
  • Best way to keep your hair right is by using "Protective Styles" which is less stress and manipulation on the hair such as (Box Braids, Cornrolls, Bantu Knots, Weaves, Wigs, Twists, Buns and Roller sets)
  •  
    *Check out my previous posts on the Box Braids, Wigs, Weaves and Bantu Knots* 
    Stretching may not be for everyone so keep a watch on how your hair reacts if you do decide to try it. Experimenting and seeing what works for your hair is all part of healthy hair journeying. If one method doesn't work for your hair try something else like going Natural. But these tips has helped me with maintaining my stretched relaxed hair so it could grow and be healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeah...umm...didnt really read all this, but uhh...girl you lookin mighty fine lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...