Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



March 28, 2013

Pre-Texlax Transitioning Notes

Hello everyone finally took the opportunity to really think about transitioning to "Texlax" hair I basically have to consider a few things so I'm sharing with everyone this personal note to myself on what questions I should think about.


Personal "Texlax" Transitioning Notes
*Need to be prepared in having 3 different types of textures (new growth, texlax wavy, and relax straight ends)*
  • What level of Texlax would I like to go for (slightly texlax look or closer to being natural look)?   Closer to being Natural
  • What product will I use to Texlax my hair? ORS no-lye Lye relaxer  (make sure to use the same product to Texlax hair, same time frame, and using olive oil to slow chemical process)
  • Picking a style that I can use that can work well with my 3 different textures...Twist outs, Braid Outs, Rods (need to purchase some rods)
  • Find a good detangling method that can work with all hair textures
  • Air drying hair will be more challenging 
  • Washing my hair in braids by sections and do more co washes
  • More deep conditioning than usual
  • Hair may shed due to change in hair texture
Wow this seems to be a lot of work but I'm willing to try it and see what happens....Texlax will happen April 30, 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...