Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 12, 2012

How I Oil My Scalp

Hey everyone just want to briefly speak about "How I Oil My Scalp"...
To begin I like to part my hair into 4 sections and I hold each section with my "clips". I microwave my oil which is in an applicator for like 20 secs {I remove the top before I microwave}.Then shake up my "Oil Mixture" and just to remind you my mixture consists of JoJoba Oil, Jamaican Castro Oil, Peppermint Oil (I recently added) and 100% Virgin Olive Oil. Any type of natural oil or oil mixtures can be used. I apply my  "Oil Mixture" to my scalp in each section of my hair and I make sure I part far apart when I apply not close together {I'll say like about 2 or 3 inches apart}. I do this because from experience parting
my hair too close together and then oiling it has made my hair too oily, as well as flat, so I try to part further apart since the oil can run sometimes. After applying the oil to the scalp of each section I like to massage it into my scalp then run my fingers through my hair multiple times. There's no reason that I do it multiple times but I just like the way my hair feels after oiling it, lol. I do this once a week because personally that's all my hair needs especially after getting a relaxer but if my hair has been post relaxed longer than 6-8 weeks I oil my scalp twice a week, because of the new growth. 
Results from oiling my scalp moisturized scalp, soft moisturized ends and growth I have noticed from using oils. Grease can weigh your hair down, using oil moderately won't weigh your hair down or promote dandruff like Grease.

*Note: This is how I oil my scalp, which is once a week, so for you to know how often you need to oil, consider your hair's texture and examine your scalp. Experiment to see if you need to do it every day, every other day, 2 times a week or once a week.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...