Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



December 7, 2012

What Is Texlax?

I myself wondered this question so of course I had to ask people questions and do a little research on what the term "Texlax" mean. Texlax is underprocessing your hair with a chemical relaxer which leaves hair wavy instead of straight. So just like how when a person "relaxes" their hair they leave the chemical relaxer in for a longer period of time for the hair get straight but with a "textlax" the chemical relaxer is left on the hair for a short period time. This only softens the new growth of the hair making it easier to manage. Due to the fact that the chemical relaxer is not left in the hair for too long, it is said to be much more safer for the hair than relaxing. Using a texturizer can be used to achieve this as well instead of using a chemical relaxer. The results I heard about texlaxing the hair can enhance natural curl and wave pattern also create volume, body and texture in the hair. I've been thinking about texlaxing my hair...its relaxed right now, but I'll see stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...