Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



November 15, 2013

Relaxed/Texlaxed vs. Natural Hair...Really?!

I really wanted to post about this topic for awhile now but didn't get the chance to until now. Ok there are different types of avenues of "Hair Journeys" some people choose to go Natural (w/o no chemicals in the hair) growing out their natural texture hair. Others may want to continue or go Relaxed (chemical straightening of the hair) or Texlaxed ( chemical underprocessing of the hair). I know I've watched a few videos of relaxed/texlaxed and natural hair videos, I don't discriminate, I love watching any type of hair videos regardless, but sometimes I read the comments that some
people make and I am appalled at what I read. When did it become Relaxed vs. Telaxed hair; Relaxed vs. Natural hair; or Texlaxed vs. Natural hair, and this reminds me of Light skin vs. Dark skin. Why don't all of us support each other's hair journey instead of putting down someone else for using a chemical or for not using a chemical in their hair. To my understanding its everyone's personal decision on what they want to do with their hair, because its THEIR HAIR! Let's be clear its their OWN "Healthy Hair Journey" so whatever they decide to do with their hair shave it, relax or texlax it, keep it natural, braided up, weaved up...that's their decision. Someone may not agree on what a person does with their hair but its not our place to tell someone else what to do with their own hair. I just feel we should all encourage each other through our hair journey's even if some of us experience set backs it's ok because we learn from them and correct them, that's part of a "Journey"! I just felt the need to express that because as women of color we need to empower each other not continuing to put each other down. That's all I'm saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...