Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



November 18, 2013

Texlaxing My Own Hair (First Experience)


Never thought I would ever do it but I did! I know I said it's good to go to a professional but I was having them "Sparatic moments" and I decided to do it myself. Of course I looked at videos before I did it and it turned out ok, I won't say I did the best job but long as I'm not baldheaded I'm happy. Would I do it again? Maybe...trying to save money and so far I'm not doing a bad job being my own hairdresser. Anyway here's what I did...



  1. Parted my hair in 4 sections (using clips)
  2. Based using "Summit Sesitive Scalp" (edges, ears, nape and my scalp)
  3. Oiled the ends of my hair & also put a little coconut oil in my relaxer which was in a plastic bowl
  4. Applied my ORS Lye Relaxer started from the back using a color applicator brush to my scalp
  5. Smoothed out each section a little bit not much
  6. Rinsed out the relaxer in the shower
  7. Put "Aphogee: 2 min Keratin Treatment" in my hair for (2min) and rinsed
  8. Put in my hair "ORS neutralizing Shampoo" in my hair (Washed 3x) then rinsed
  9. Deep conditioned for about an hour using "ORS Deep Penetrating Conditioner" then rinse
  10. After I put in my Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner


Process took me 15-20 minutes but this was my first time plus I had my oils in my hair which slowed down the whole chemical process so since I took this long it still didn't overprocess my hair :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...