Introduction

Welcome to my blog on a "Healthy Hair Journey" , keeping ya'll updated on my progress of my hair using natural products and oils to care for my hair. So follow me and let's journey together to having healthy hair!



November 29, 2013

Sulfate Shampoos are useful??!

According to a video I seen by ORS according to one of the stylist she mentioned that people try to stay away Shampoos that contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it. Since its known to strip the hair from moisture and tend to make the hair dry BUT the stylist went on to say "It's nothing wrong with using it as a clarifying shampoo", which is reasonable because what does a clarifying shampoo do?...strip all the oils, and other product buildup in the hair. 

As long as you don't use that type of Shampoo everyday once a month should be good rather than buying a "Clarifying Shampoo" that may be more expensive just use a regular shampoo. I just washed my hair using V05 Moisturizing Shampoo as my clarifying shampoo just to get rid of the oil buildup in my hair. I was doing the inversion method this week which is part of my "Hairfinity Challenge" but I used the shampoo then the moisturizing conditioner to comb through the hair rinsed that out and used "Giovanni's deep conditioner" to DC my hair. I really didn't notice my hair becoming dry probably because I applied my conditioner right after, but yes I will suggest to have a "Sulfate-free" shampoo to use often for your hair. The point is Shampoos with Sulfate may do harm to the hair if used often but wouldn't hurt if used once a month as a clarifying shampoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...